Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Monoprints



        I decided to make a series of faces on my mono prints. To make a mono print you have to have a jelly plates. It's like jello but it holds together more. I decided to use the subtractive method. To do this you roll ink on to the jelly plate and use a material like baby wipes to wipe off the ink to make the shapes you want. I decided to make faces. They have been called creepy, but I think they are pretty cool.


        
       My favorite is the old man on the right hand side, but I also had a lot of fun doing the one on the left hand side. I spent the most time on that one. It has a lot of faces and I got to experiment with different tools to use. 


       This class has been pretty fun. I would definitely take this again. I liked the linocut and wood block. The reduction print was probably my favorite though. I put a lot of fun into the rabbit. I like making prints of animals. The woodblock of my deer turned out better than I thought it would. I should have done more details in the background. I supposed that would have taken away from the main event. Or maybe the deer design would have turned out better as a linocut. I would enjoy doing another safety cut. Maybe make my hand holding the plant cleaner. Either way, what is done is done and I am happy with what I have.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the monoprints and the deer and your bunny was the best!

    ReplyDelete