Thursday, April 13, 2017

Card Project


        So a laser engraver was brought to out school and I had no idea what I should laser engrave. So a few days later I went home and I felt a sudden urge to play a card game. The thing is: we can never find a deck of cards when we want to. A deck always turns up when we are cleaning and we end up placing it in a different nondescript place where we will find it again in another few months. A Great System™ if you ask me. So I came up with the idea of making cards while drawing out an eye during lunch. I remember thinking, "That would be cool on the back of a card,". Bada Bing Bada Boom, an idea has been born.


          So I designed them all in Illustrator. When I was done designing, I moved them into a USB which I put into the computer that's connected to the laser engraver. Set the materials correctly and let her rip. And thank you Ms.Rossbach for teaching me how to do these things. I am extremely happy with how they turned out and I would love to put it in the Nemeth Art Center contest.


1 comment:

  1. That would be cool! With the Nemeth Youth Art Show, you are open to show anything that you want so it does not have to be school related for this one. So if you have something else at home too that you want to show, enter. Don't forget to submit!

    ReplyDelete