Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Planning Second and Third Paintings


        Here are a few sketches of what I am planning on doing. The first sketch is going to be my third painting. It will be based off of a combination of the two themes Identity and Surrealism. The painting will be a human body with no connected head. And where the head would be will be a galaxy. The galaxy symbolizing that we are all as complicated as the things that make up our universe. I plan on using acrylic with this one. 



        
        This second sketch will be based on journey. A lot of people help you through your journey through life. Friends, and family, etc. The symbolism is simple and overused, but I feel like I need to make something like this. Something that bring my appreciation of my friends and family to light. This is also the painting that I plan on using watercolor with. I'm thinking that I will not be able to make the hands as detailed as I would like, but enough that it helped the viewer get the point. 



        Maybe I should switch the mediums of the paintings. I'm not entirely sure which medium I should use for which. The watercolor would help with the flow of making a galaxy, but I feel like ........... again, like I said in my last post, I should just dive into the deep end. I don't know what I'm doing and that's okay. Just go with my gut.

1 comment:

  1. Good questions on what to use and you're right! Just dive in. You have a solid plan here and as the materials react to your surface you can adjust and determine what's going to work. That's the fun part.

    ReplyDelete