Thursday, November 30, 2017

White Still Life



          This is the still life of white object that I had made.  We were practicing our black and white  values with shading white objects. I honestly was trying to avoid the pallet by shading EVERY OTHER THING I POSSIBLY COULD. Thus, while going through with this plan, I had made everything look better than the pallet, which I think is funny and ironic. I think there could be more unity (or harmony) throughout the drawing. Especially with the drapery and the objects. I hadn't seen how the values and shading of the objects compared to the drapes, but now that I look at it from afar and with eyes that has not been looking at it for a long time, I can tell what I could improve. There could be better shading on the opposite side where the light of the lamp does not touch. BUT! I am still very proud of this drawing regardless.

1 comment:

  1. The tracing paper roll is fabulous. Consider retaking the photo (it's blurry when I make it bigger) for your reference. It's amazing what fresh eyes and/or a photograph can show. I often take photos with my phone while I'm working and can immediately see the problem areas. Well done!

    ReplyDelete