Tuesday, February 14, 2017

In Progress: Armor

         

            This is the beginning of my armor. Using the hand as a size reference, you can tell that these will be pretty large. They stretch from my shoulders to mid-thigh. I'm planning on use wire to shape the wings. Don't know exactly how I'm going to go about that. 
            
             I'm going to spray paint a sheet of vellum paper gold. The top will be pure gold, and as it goes down the paper the gold will fade into the vellum papers actual color. I'm going to cut out the shapes in between the veins of the wings and use them as patterns to cut out the pieces of gold paper. I'll place the cut pieces into their place between the veins.  So the endgame is to make the wings gradate from gold to the vellum paper.

            
          Since this armor will be portraying the bee queens armor after the war, sung about in Dirty Paws by Of Monster and Men, this has a possibility of being on the crown. Maybe I'll make the honey combs into jewels. Not entirely sure yet. Nonetheless, I'm excited to continue working on this.  

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of the honeycomb as jewels. That could work. Making progress! So many things to test and research!

    ReplyDelete