Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Art Warrior Project



       So, we were given a new project of creating art warrior armor. We were to base our armor on a published work of art. Like a song or painting. One part of this project is that we had to have a "use of a repetitive unit" on the armor.

       I have based my project on the Of Monsters And Men song "Dirty Paws" which has been a favorite of mine for many years.  This song is about a war between the birds and the bees. Here are some lyrics.

The forest of talking trees,
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war,
The sky wasn't big enough for them all.

The forest that once was green
Was colored black by those killing machines.
But she and her furry friends
Took down the queen bee and her men.

         I am planning on doing the armor of the bees after they lost the war. In the middle of the chest plate.  I will paint a huge gash representing their loss.The plate will be made out of pieces of carboard and they'll be painted to look like honeycombs. The wings I have multiple ideas with the wings. So I haven't chosen how to do them yet. The skirt will be a fabric that I'll paint to look metallic.

         I am having a lot of fun with this so far. I hope everything will turn out. But, ya know, it doesn't always. Things change. But that's ok. Let's get ARTING!





1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! I have to look up that song now and I think you have a grand plan going. Things will change as you work this out and embrace that!

    ReplyDelete